The EDUROAM network is dedicated especially to students and university teachers. The network facilitates the mobility (roaming) among different academic networks in Czech Republic and abroad. You can access internet from different places in CZ and abroad, using the EDUROAM network. For accessing the network an account from your home organization can be used.
Procedure for obtaining username and password is different for students and university personnel.
- It is mandatory to be an owner of a Charles University student's ID. Information about the IDs can be found here.
- Furthermore it is necessary to have valid password to CAS (the first password can be obtained within minutes in any of the centers issuing Charles University IDs). Then the student should log in to https://ldap.cuni.cz/. Further information can be found at https://ldap.cuni.cz/info.php - manual here
- For login the personal number, printed in the Charles University ID below the photograph, should be used. The other possibility is using username which is identical to the username used for Student Information System (SIS). The password for both usernames is the same (the one originally obtained from the issuing center).
- In CAS you will create password which will be used solely for accessing WiFi network Eduroam. This password can be theoretically wiretapped, so it is not allowed to be the same as password for CAS or Jinonice domain.
- Now you can access WiFI by using login information just displayed at the screen and the chosen password.
If your account already exists and you would like to access internet over WiFi on your desktop or laptop, read manuals how to do it.