We Are Here To Help You
Do you need help or information and you don’t know who to turn to?Contact us!
Do you need help or information and you don’t know who to turn to?Contact us!
The contact person for employees and students of the 1st Faculty of Medicine is Eva Žáková, firstname.lastname@example.org. We also recommend to check the websites of Charles University and the Ministry of Health.
19. 1. 2021 ATTENTION! OPINION 1.LF UK ON VACCINATION AND TESTING is HERE.
30. 12. 2020 ATTENTION!
At the beginning of January, teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University remains unchanged. Students are still allowed to participate only in clinical and practical teaching and practice, a maximum of 15 students in a group are recommended. Other teaching takes place remotely.
The number of students present for exams and credits (including written tests) can be max. 10.
In the first weeks of the new Year, students will again be required to complete The Statutory Declaration to teaching or study control that they do not have symptoms of viral disease and that they have not had risky contact with a COVID-19 positive person (the text can be downloaded at: https://en.lf1.cuni.cz/statutory-declaration-for-covid-19).
So far, we have information that the Minister of Health does not want to resume work duties, he wants to address the need in medical facilities voluntarily. We welcome this, because it is the duty of medics to study first and foremost. With regard to the current situation, we will continue to recognize work in health care facilities according to the previously issued document "Help and Study".
The Ministry of Health also intends
to vaccinate volunteers as health professionals.
The last government resolution is valid until 10 January 2021. We will continue to monitor the situation and inform you in good time about the conditions of the organization of education, as well as about volunteering in health care facilities and vaccination options.
Please follow the website and FB of the faculty, the dynamic development of the pandemic again worsens the situation in hospitals and, if necessary, there may be more interest in volunteer involvement of medics, which the faculty would take into account within the existing rules (see above).
17. 12. 2020 In connection with the
latest changes in the measures according to the anti-epidemic system PES, there are no changes in teaching at the
1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University.
Unfortunately, from 18 December 2020, the clubhouses of student associations will be closed again. The operation of student clubs will be adequately governed by the rules for restaurants.
What will be the rules at the beginning of
January 2021: The
organization of teaching in the first weeks of the new year will depend on
national measures and the current epidemic situation. Please follow the faculty
website at the turn of the year for more accurate information.
Teachers are asked to
take into account that the number of
students present may be limited to 10 when planning credits (including
written tests) and exams.
In the first weeks
after the new year, students will again be required to complete an affidavit stating that they do not have
symptoms of a viral disease and that they have not had risky contact with a
COVID-19 positive person before teaching or checking their studies (the text
can be downloaded at https: / /www.lf1.cuni.cz/informace-kcestnemu-prohlaseni).
3. 12. 2020 ATTENTION! In connection with the release of measures within the anti-epidemic system of PES, there were no changes in teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University.
1. 12. 2020 ATTENTION! Limited opening of students clubs!
From Thursday, December 3, 2020, the clubhouses of student associations of the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University can be opened in the "internal event" mode, ie in a maximum number of 10 students in compliance with 3Y (veils, hands, spacing). Clubhouse opening hours must be maintained on a regular daily basis.
26. 11. 2020 ATTENTION! From Monday, November 30, 2020, the color of the COVID-19 traffic light for teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University will change to orange.
The number of people who may be present during full-time teaching is increasing.
Practical and laboratory teaching can now take place in groups of 20 students. In the case of clinical internships, subject guarantors can decide on specific measures, taking into account the situation at the given workplace. Lectures will continue to take place remotely.
For seminars, it depends on the actual content of teaching. If the seminar contains practical training that cannot be transferred to the distance form, they can be held in person in groups of up to 20 students (ie as well as other practical exercises), otherwise they will take place remotely. The guarantor of the course decides on the specific form of teaching seminars.
Teachers and students are asked to continue to follow all anti-epidemic measures. When organizing classes, care must be taken to minimize contact between groups. Changing the traffic light from red to orange should make the full-time part of the lesson easier. We do not expect the changes from previous weeks to be dramatic.
Should there be conflicts between the teaching schedule and the volunteer activities in which the students are involved, they will be resolved individually. In this case, students should inform their teachers, who please be helpful in finding a solution. The recommendations and rules of procedure previously published remain unchanged.
24. 11. 2020 ATTENTION! According to the resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic, the following applies for the period from 25. 11. 2020 to 29. 11. 2020 and in connection with the period from 30. 11. 2020 to 12. 12. 2020:
· it is still possible to test in person with a limit of up to 10 people,
· participation in clinical and practical teaching and practice in all years of study (with a recommended number of 15 people) is still allowed at medical faculties,
· at all faculties, doctoral students can return to fulfilling their study obligations in full
· individual consultations and individual visits to libraries for the purpose of receiving or submitting study literature are permitted at all faculties.
18. 11. 2020 ATTENTION! The Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic is newly mapping the current epidemiological situation using the PES (anti-epidemic system) risk score. On 16 November 2020, the Minister of Education, Youth and Sports Mr. Plaga presented the matrix of PES measures in the field of education, which also includes universities. cast-dog.
At present, the state of readiness 5 is still valid, in which clinical or practical teaching and practice of students of medical study programs is still allowed. A maximum of 15 students in a group are recommended.
We will keep you informed about changes in the organization of teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University according to possible release within the PES, please follow the faculty's website.
4. 11. ATTENTION! On the basis of Article 66a of the Statute of Charles University, the Rector of Charles University declared a state of emergency for the entire university, namely by the Rector's measure No. 46/2020. You can find its text in the link here: https://cuni.cz/UK-10794.html. At the same time, the Rector of Charles University appointed a central crisis staff, and its chairman was the Quaestor. From tomorrow, when this measure enters into force, it is possible to proceed according to the new Articles 66b to 66e of the Statute. Https://cuni.cz/UK-8891.html. At the moment, this announcement does not change anything about teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University.
26. 10. ATTENTION! The principle of compensation and recognition of the practice of general medicine students in the systematic assistance to hospitals can be found HERE. Sem přiřadit odkaz na pomáhat a studovat
21. 10. ATTENTION! New spot for Dean Martin Vokurka and members of the dean´s board doc. Tomáš Kučera and doc. Tomáš Grus on the current situation watch HERE.
21. 10. ATTENTION! We are currently preparing more information for you, which we are preparing and today we are issuing government measures. We will inform you in more detail this afternoon.
19. 10. ATTENTION! You can find the statement of the Dean of the First Faculty of Medicine of Charles University Martin Vokurka on the current state of teaching HERE.
10/14 ATTENTION! New video with Dean Martin Vokurka and Vice-Dean Eitan Brizman. Watch HERE.
ATTENTION! COVID-19 Traffic light system has been updated to 3rd degree. Find more
ATTENTION! We are analyzing the new government resolution from 12. 10. 2020 and
its impact on the functioning of the faculty. Exams and tests are allowed for
up to 10 people. The crisis staff of the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles
University has met today, please follow the latest news on this website.
Matriculation scheduled on 10/21 2020 has been cancelled.
October 5, 2020: Do not enter the First Faculty of Medicine of Charles University and the General University Hospital with symptoms of COVID-19. More information HERE.
September 20, 2020 at 16:00 PM: Teaching as of today is not cancelled.
Both clinical and practical education will continue (for as long as the epidemiological situation permits), but will take place in smaller groups - maintaining strict hygiene measures. You will be informed in more detail at each individual Institute and Clinic.
Lectures will only be taking place online – either live, or pre-recorded.
We will continue to closely monitor the epidemiological situation, along with the Government regulations as well as Prague’s Hygienic Stations and publish updates as soon as we get the information.
September 18, 2020 at 2:00 PM: Classes at this time are not canceled, see more information here on our website.