We Are Here To Help You
Do you need help or information and you don’t know who to turn to?Contact us!
Do you need help or information and you don’t know who to turn to?Contact us!
The contact person for employees and students of the 1st Faculty of Medicine is Eva Žáková, firstname.lastname@example.org. We also recommend to check the websites of Charles University and the Ministry of Health.
21. 9. 2021
Updated epidemic measures for teaching at the First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University HERE.
13. 9. 2021
Current information at the beginning of the academic year and teaching HERE.
3. 9. 2021
Current news from the University Crisis Staff is HERE
23. 8. 2021
Summary of current rules on examinations and training events is HERE
1. 7. 2021
Update on measures for Covid-19 for participation in education is HERE.
17. 6. 2021
Respirators are still mandatory inside universities. However, respiratory protection is allowed to be delayed during the test if all persons maintain a distance of at least 2 meters.
The obligation to wear respirators on university premises does not apply to:
· pedagogical staff or academic staff in the provision of education
· Examiners and examiners during an examination at school or university, provided that all persons maintain a distance of at least 2 meters
It is therefore permitted to postpone respiratory protection during teaching and testing at universities under the conditions specified above. In this sense, all persons involved in teaching and testing can be considered as academic staff.
21. 5. 2021
Based on the results of the crisis staff meeting, the overall wording of the measure at the faculty is stricter than required by the Ministry of Health.
Teaching and exams
For personal presence at the school due to full-time teaching and control of studies (exams, tests), it is necessary to undergo testing every 7 days, the student is obliged to submit the result to the teacher.
Mandatory testing does not apply to students who:
- have completed vaccination against COVID-19 with at least 14 days since the last dose. Students are required to provide proof of vaccination with a certificate (can be downloaded at https://ocko.uzis.cz),
- have undergone laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 disease and no more than 90 days have elapsed since the first positive test. The past disease is documented by a medical report with the date of the first positive test, or confirmation of a positive result of the laboratory test.
In all cases, it is still true that no one with COVID-19 symptoms is allowed to attend full-time education.
Respirators are still mandatory inside universities.
23. 4. 2021 New information for student testing is HERE.
22. 4. 2021 Student testing
From Monday, April 26, all students who come to full-time teaching must have a negative test for SARS-CoV-2, or proof of completed vaccinations or COVID-19 in the last 90 days. Tests for SARS-CoV-2 should be taken once a week.
In order to spread the workload of the test places, we ask students to take a test in one of the test centers, for example in the place of residence, before having full-time teaching, and to have a confirmation of the result issued.
When you first come to class in a given week, the test should not be older than 48 hours.
We are preparing more detailed information and organizational instructions.
15. 4. 2021 Change in teaching
From Monday, April 19, the COVID-19 traffic light will turn orange. Lectures will take place remotely, but there can be up to 20 people for practical exercises. Similar clinical and seminar teaching is specified by the guarantor according to its specific form. Please always follow all hygiene measures and recommendations.
Upon arrival for full-time teaching and study control, students will submit a solemn declaration as before.
12. 3. 2021 Information for testing students is HERE.
9. 3. 2021 Employee testing
Mandatory testing for COVID-19 now also applies to employees of Charles University. Without testing, it will not be possible to enter the workplace from March 17, 2021. The exceptions are vaccinations (certificate) and illnesses in the last 90 days. Charles University will ensure the possibility of testing and the Rector's Office is preparing more detailed rules, as soon as they are issued, the 1st Faculty of Medicine will adjust the details for the faculty department. Testing does not yet apply to students.
5. 3. 2021
The government has approved the work obligation of students in hospitals
The duty of applies to the fourth and fifth year of university studies in general medicine. It also applies to all grades (except for the last years Bc. and Mgr.) of universities and colleges that are preparing for the non-medical medical profession. The government measures can be found here.
The deans of medical faculties within the association repeatedly opposed the compulsory use of medical students (current ADLF opinion here: https://dekanilf.cz/onewebmedia/Stanovisko_ADLF_pracovni_povinnost_4_3_2021.pdf).
The Minister of Health Jan Blatný (for YES) previously said that the work obligation will not apply to first- and sixth-year-old medics. Blatný added that the placement of students in hospitals should be set so as to affect their teaching as little as possible. The 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University takes note of the government's decision and will respond to the decision by adjusting the teaching.
As for the obligation to test, it is not yet clear to what extent this applies to the faculty. We will continue to monitor the situation and update the information.
The statement of the Dean of the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, prof. Martin Vokurka vyou can read HERE.
28. 2. 2021
The new Government Resolution No. 200, which regulates the operation of schools from 27 February to 21 March 2021, does not bring any changes to the organization of teaching at our Faculty:
- for medical faculties exceptions apply for
clinical and practical teaching and practice as before,
- it is possible to take full-time entrance exams, with the participation of a maximum of 10 people present,
- individual consultations can be held (1 on 1).
Please observe all epidemiological principles, including the need to use FFP2 respirators.
From 1. 3. to 21. 3.
2021, the Czech Republic has a ban on traveling between districts and, in
connection with this, a ban on leaving the territory of the capital. of Prague.
If you live in Prague, the trip to the faculty and hospitals for practice is no
problem. We recommend that you always
have a passport or other proof of identity and an ISIC card with you. If
you are traveling from another district, please contact the study department,
which will issue you a faculty confirmation of study.
16. 2. 2021 Currently about teaching
In the summer semester, teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University will take place in the same hybrid mode as in the previous winter semester.
• full-time exams can take place, with the participation of a maximum of 10 people present,
• for medical faculties, exceptions apply for clinical and practical teaching and practice as before, a maximum of 15 students in a group are recommended,
• it is possible to hold full-time entrance exams, with the participation of a maximum of 10 people present (usable for entrance exams to DSP II),
• it is possible to hold individual consultations (1 on 1).
We will continue to monitor the situation and inform you in good time about the conditions of the organization of teaching.
2. 2. 2021 ATTENTION! Information poster for hygiene precautions is HERE.
19. 1. 2021 ATTENTION! OPINION 1.LF UK ON VACCINATION AND TESTING is HERE.
30. 12. 2020 ATTENTION!
At the beginning of January, teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University remains unchanged. Students are still allowed to participate only in clinical and practical teaching and practice, a maximum of 15 students in a group are recommended. Other teaching takes place remotely.
The number of students present for exams and credits (including written tests) can be max. 10.
In the first weeks of the new Year, students will again be required to complete The Statutory Declaration to teaching or study control that they do not have symptoms of viral disease and that they have not had risky contact with a COVID-19 positive person (the text can be downloaded at: https://en.lf1.cuni.cz/statutory-declaration-for-covid-19).
So far, we have information that the Minister of Health does not want to resume work duties, he wants to address the need in medical facilities voluntarily. We welcome this, because it is the duty of medics to study first and foremost. With regard to the current situation, we will continue to recognize work in health care facilities according to the previously issued document "Help and Study".
The Ministry of Health also intends
to vaccinate volunteers as health professionals.
The last government resolution is valid until 10 January 2021. We will continue to monitor the situation and inform you in good time about the conditions of the organization of education, as well as about volunteering in health care facilities and vaccination options.
Please follow the website and FB of the faculty, the dynamic development of the pandemic again worsens the situation in hospitals and, if necessary, there may be more interest in volunteer involvement of medics, which the faculty would take into account within the existing rules (see above).
17. 12. 2020 In connection with the
latest changes in the measures according to the anti-epidemic system PES, there are no changes in teaching at the
1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University.
Unfortunately, from 18 December 2020, the clubhouses of student associations will be closed again. The operation of student clubs will be adequately governed by the rules for restaurants.
What will be the rules at the beginning of
January 2021: The
organization of teaching in the first weeks of the new year will depend on
national measures and the current epidemic situation. Please follow the faculty
website at the turn of the year for more accurate information.
Teachers are asked to
take into account that the number of
students present may be limited to 10 when planning credits (including
written tests) and exams.
In the first weeks
after the new year, students will again be required to complete an affidavit stating that they do not have
symptoms of a viral disease and that they have not had risky contact with a
COVID-19 positive person before teaching or checking their studies (the text
can be downloaded at https: / /www.lf1.cuni.cz/informace-kcestnemu-prohlaseni).
3. 12. 2020 ATTENTION! In connection with the release of measures within the anti-epidemic system of PES, there were no changes in teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University.
1. 12. 2020 ATTENTION! Limited opening of students clubs!
From Thursday, December 3, 2020, the clubhouses of student associations of the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University can be opened in the "internal event" mode, ie in a maximum number of 10 students in compliance with 3Y (veils, hands, spacing). Clubhouse opening hours must be maintained on a regular daily basis.
26. 11. 2020 ATTENTION! From Monday, November 30, 2020, the color of the COVID-19 traffic light for teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University will change to orange.
The number of people who may be present during full-time teaching is increasing.
Practical and laboratory teaching can now take place in groups of 20 students. In the case of clinical internships, subject guarantors can decide on specific measures, taking into account the situation at the given workplace. Lectures will continue to take place remotely.
For seminars, it depends on the actual content of teaching. If the seminar contains practical training that cannot be transferred to the distance form, they can be held in person in groups of up to 20 students (ie as well as other practical exercises), otherwise they will take place remotely. The guarantor of the course decides on the specific form of teaching seminars.
Teachers and students are asked to continue to follow all anti-epidemic measures. When organizing classes, care must be taken to minimize contact between groups. Changing the traffic light from red to orange should make the full-time part of the lesson easier. We do not expect the changes from previous weeks to be dramatic.
Should there be conflicts between the teaching schedule and the volunteer activities in which the students are involved, they will be resolved individually. In this case, students should inform their teachers, who please be helpful in finding a solution. The recommendations and rules of procedure previously published remain unchanged.
24. 11. 2020 ATTENTION! According to the resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic, the following applies for the period from 25. 11. 2020 to 29. 11. 2020 and in connection with the period from 30. 11. 2020 to 12. 12. 2020:
· it is still possible to test in person with a limit of up to 10 people,
· participation in clinical and practical teaching and practice in all years of study (with a recommended number of 15 people) is still allowed at medical faculties,
· at all faculties, doctoral students can return to fulfilling their study obligations in full
· individual consultations and individual visits to libraries for the purpose of receiving or submitting study literature are permitted at all faculties.
18. 11. 2020 ATTENTION! The Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic is newly mapping the current epidemiological situation using the PES (anti-epidemic system) risk score. On 16 November 2020, the Minister of Education, Youth and Sports Mr. Plaga presented the matrix of PES measures in the field of education, which also includes universities. cast-dog.
At present, the state of readiness 5 is still valid, in which clinical or practical teaching and practice of students of medical study programs is still allowed. A maximum of 15 students in a group are recommended.
We will keep you informed about changes in the organization of teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles University according to possible release within the PES, please follow the faculty's website.
4. 11. ATTENTION! On the basis of Article 66a of the Statute of Charles University, the Rector of Charles University declared a state of emergency for the entire university, namely by the Rector's measure No. 46/2020. You can find its text in the link here: https://cuni.cz/UK-10794.html. At the same time, the Rector of Charles University appointed a central crisis staff, and its chairman was the Quaestor. From tomorrow, when this measure enters into force, it is possible to proceed according to the new Articles 66b to 66e of the Statute. Https://cuni.cz/UK-8891.html. At the moment, this announcement does not change anything about teaching at the 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University.
26. 10. ATTENTION! The principle of compensation and recognition of the practice of general medicine students in the systematic assistance to hospitals can be found HERE. Sem přiřadit odkaz na pomáhat a studovat
21. 10. ATTENTION! New spot for Dean Martin Vokurka and members of the dean´s board doc. Tomáš Kučera and doc. Tomáš Grus on the current situation watch HERE.
21. 10. ATTENTION! We are currently preparing more information for you, which we are preparing and today we are issuing government measures. We will inform you in more detail this afternoon.
19. 10. ATTENTION! You can find the statement of the Dean of the First Faculty of Medicine of Charles University Martin Vokurka on the current state of teaching HERE.
10/14 ATTENTION! New video with Dean Martin Vokurka and Vice-Dean Eitan Brizman. Watch HERE.
ATTENTION! COVID-19 Traffic light system has been updated to 3rd degree. Find more
ATTENTION! We are analyzing the new government resolution from 12. 10. 2020 and
its impact on the functioning of the faculty. Exams and tests are allowed for
up to 10 people. The crisis staff of the 1st Faculty of Medicine of Charles
University has met today, please follow the latest news on this website.
Matriculation scheduled on 10/21 2020 has been cancelled.
October 5, 2020: Do not enter the First Faculty of Medicine of Charles University and the General University Hospital with symptoms of COVID-19. More information HERE.
September 20, 2020 at 16:00 PM: Teaching as of today is not cancelled.
Both clinical and practical education will continue (for as long as the epidemiological situation permits), but will take place in smaller groups - maintaining strict hygiene measures. You will be informed in more detail at each individual Institute and Clinic.
Lectures will only be taking place online – either live, or pre-recorded.
We will continue to closely monitor the epidemiological situation, along with the Government regulations as well as Prague’s Hygienic Stations and publish updates as soon as we get the information.
September 18, 2020 at 2:00 PM: Classes at this time are not canceled, see more information here on our website.